William L. Hunsberger, EIT
Summary My objective is grow WLH Consulting & Development by utilizing my contacts and skills as Construction Owners Representative, Construction Manager and Project Manager.
Current: Owner Representative / Senior Project Manager – The LightStone Group – 2015 – Present – Moxy Hotel Development
Experience Owner Representative – LAM Generation – 2010 – 2015
Multiple Hotel Ground Up Developments and Residential Renovation of Landmark Building Development – New York, NY
- WLH Consulting & Developing LLC is proud to be currently working as an Owners Representative for a thriving successful NYC hospitality developer, LAM Generation (www.lamgeneration.com). WLH Consulting & Development LLC is responsible to manage the design and construction process for the Owner as expeditiously and efficiently as possible in order to deliver their properties with the highest quality, most cost efficient design and procurement, and delivered ready for operation per their needs. The two projects under contract are located in the downtown area and have an expected construction start date this summer (2011).
Owner Representative – Buttonwood Real Estate/Bonjour Capital/ISTAR Financial 2007 – 2010
333 Rector Place – New York, NY: www.1rectorpark.com
- Managed all aspects of the project from preliminary design, as well as all aspects of the Development, Design, Engineering, Contract and Material Procurement, Daily Construction Management Monitoring, Financing, Bank Requisitions, Punch List, and Final C of O process of a 230K SF, 16 story residential building in Battery Park New York. This was a $100 million + development project that consisted of a total interior demolition of a 228 unit rental building and converting it into a 174 unit high end ($1300 SF) condo project.
- Procurement role consisted of personally developing the scopes and contracts for all trades and materials contracted via CM or Owner supplied items in a manner to facilitate schedule and budget goals.
- Construction role consisted of the management of all contracts and the Construction Management Firms (R&L Construction) deliverables, inventory and delivery schedules of Owner supplied material, requisition assembly and review, and monthly bank draw package submissions of hard costs, materials, and soft costs.
Turner Construction Company (2002 – 2007)
Turner – Project Manager / Engineer for Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Groups – Boston, MA
- Worked as Project Manager on a $3 million MRI suite and a $2.5 million Radiation suite, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, responsible for monitoring project submittals, schedules, meeting minutes, RFI’s, budgets, subcontractor pay requisitions and change orders.
- Worked as Project Engineer on a $60 Million biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility, Stryker BioTech. Responsibilities consisted of monitoring and tracking submittals, change orders and project allowances and holds. This work required estimating of design changes, and tracking subcontractor hours and materials.
- Implemented and used a proprietary software tool called Prolog to monitor and track all aspects of construction deliverable such as submittals, RFI’s, change orders, budget line items and daily construction reports. Prolog is a tool used by Turner as a risk management and monitoring tool to provide live and company wide project information geared to provide relevant reports to different areas of Turner management.
Turner – Project Superintendent – Buffalo, NY
- Supervise all aspects of the field construction activities of a 55,000 SF, $19 million building addition/reno of, Niagara University Academic Complex, which consisted of a complex curtain wall, stone, brick and metal panel, high end millwork and AV system construction.
- Responsible to protect and promote the interest of Turner and the Owner in all matters, and to take actions as required to satisfy responsibilities, which include but not limited to: knowledge of all contracts and scopes, budgets updates, construction documents, drawings, and specifications, schedules, coordinate inspection agencies, handle labor relations manage project safety programs, monitor project controls, cost management, submittal and shop drawings reviews, constructability studies, pre-installation and coordination meetings, RFI’s writing and distribution management and monthly requisition reviews.
Turner – Business Development / Estimating Engineer Pharmaceutical Group – Somerset NJ
- Managed the coordination and assembly of Request For Proposals (RFP’s), totaling potential contract volume of over $1 billion. Many times taking the lead in establishing a responsibility matrix, which I coordinated with Executives to make sure write-ups and commercial terms were consistent and completed and approved by all project stakeholders.
- Conducted extensive market research on our top 20 pharmaceutical clients in order to build a forecasting model that used extrapolated Capital Expenditure data from Financial Reports in order to break down client spending in Asia-Pacific,Americas, andEurope. This data was used in Profit/Business Plans & presentations to corporate
- Created building of complex estimate models using MS Excel. These models broke the estimate down into systems & areas. Each estimator was responsible for different trades and it was my responsibility to assisted in the estimates as well as pull together everyone’s information. Once everyone’s data was input it was my responsibility to control the estimate throughout the reviews with owners & engineers.
Technical / Certifications / Licenses
General building construction, Concrete formwork EIT – Engineer in Training
Timberline Estimating Program / Digitizer Licensed NJ Real Estate Sales Associate
Pouring, mixing and testing concrete and asphalt ACI Certified Field Technician, Grade I
Soils testing and analysis, Suretrack Scheduling Asphalt Quality Control Technician
MS Office, Excel, Word, Project, Prolog OSHA 30-Hour Safety Course
Licensed New JerseyReal Estate Sales Associate – 2005
University at Buffalo ~ Master of Business Administration/BS Civil Engineering ~ Construction Management / Finance – Class of 2003 ~ GPA: 3.52 – Graduated Cum Laude
Alfred State College of Technology~ Associate in Applied Science ~ Civil Engineering Technology – Class of 2000 ~ GPA: 3.68