Summary: My objective is to BUILD; physically, professionally, personally with a developer / builder by utilizing my contacts and 20+ years of building experience as a, Construction Manager, Senior Project Manager and self-employed Owners Representative. I am eager to join a team and share my motivation, values and ambitions in a way that ensures the delivery of successful construction projects for owners, end users, contractors and all other stakeholders.
Experience: Senior Project Manager – The Lightstone Group (LSG) – 2015 – Current
Marriott Moxy Hotels and Various Other Developments
- Responsible for all construction management aspects of the 350 key, ground up Chelsea Moxy Hotel development including: facilitating access agreements, demolition of existing buildings, DOB approvals, design development, hiring the CM, finalizing GMP ($80 Million Hard Costs) buyout through construction, TCO and opening. Rising 37 stories high into the New York City skyline the hotel has other physical features such as: 2 cellar levels servicing back of house, Fitness Center, Business Center, TAO’s kitchen supporting a 150 seat restaurant, 2 bars and a pizza oven on the 1st and 2nd floor and a roof top bar and kitchen on the 35th
- Managed the development of the LSG Marriott Moxy brand portfolio by building 14 model rooms for Chelsea Moxy, Time Square Moxy, Miami Moxy, Bowery Street Moxy, LA Moxy and LA AC. During this process I played an integral role in the pre-construction planning across the full spectrum including: constructability, material selections, pricing, sourcing, installation, HVAC access and acoustics, lighting controls, shower systems, flood testing, waterproofing and all FFE related issues. LSG has invested over $5 million in this effort, which resulted in an ROI significantly more than the costs. Other benefits above monetary and schedule savings come from developing a trusting relationship with Marriott Management, consultants, contractors and venders, which has greatly streamlined the overhaul development process.
Owner’s Representative – LAM Generation – 2010 – 2015
Multiple Hotel Ground Up Developments and Luxury Condo Developments – New York, NY
- Worked as an Owner’s Representative for a thriving NYC hospitality developer, LAM Generation. Responsible for: managing multiple development assets from the time of acquisition through the design, approval, permitting, bidding, construction, and CO turnover process for the Owner as expeditiously and efficiently as possible. Also responsible for: managing the needs of the developer’s stakeholders, franchise brands, lenders, FF&E, and all other stakeholders during the entire process.
- Managed and successfully delivered $150 million development portfolio consisting of:
- Starwood Aloft Hotel, 19 story, 128 key ground up hotel opened April 2015
- Marriott Fairfield Inn and Suites, a 32 story, 176 key ground up hotel opened March 2015
- 105 Chambers Street, gut renovation of a 9 unit luxury condo project in a landmarked building in Tribeca completed April 2015
- Marriott Renaissance, 38 story, 330 key hotel in Chelsea, from acquisition through demo, subdivision and DOB NB approvals.
- Managed the construction / sign off needs of two newly open hotels (Hampton Inn and Marriott) within the LAM Generation portfolio.
Owner’s Representative – Buttonwood/Bonjour Capital/ISTAR Financial – 2007 – 2010
333 Rector Place – New York, NY
- Managed all aspects of the project from acquistions including: tenant relations, design, engineering, contract negotiations, materials procurement, daily construction management monitoring, financing, bank requisitions, punch list, and final C of O process of a 230k SF, 16 story residential building in Battery Park, New York. This $100 million + development project consisted of a total interior demolition of a 228-unit rental building and conversion to a 174-unit luxury ($1,300 / SF) condominium project.
- Procurement role consisted of personally developing the scopes and contracts for all trades and materials contracted via CM or Owner supplied items to facilitate schedule and budget goals. This included traveling internationally to confirm production and quality of materials.
- Responsible for of all contracts and the Construction Management Firm’s (R&L Construction) deliverables, inventory and delivery schedules of Owner supplied materials, bank requisition assembly and review, and monthly bank draw submissions of hard costs, materials, and soft costs.
Turner Construction Company (2002 – 2007)
Project Manager / Engineer for Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Groups – Boston, MA
- Project Engineer on a $60 Million biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility, Stryker BioTech. Responsibilities consisted of monitoring and tracking submittals, change orders and project allowances and holds. This work required estimating costs of design changes and tracking subcontractor hours and materials.
- Project Manager on a $3 million MRI suite and a $2.5 million Radiation suite at Brigham & Women’s Hospital. Responsibilities included monitoring client / hospital operation relations, project submittals, schedules, meeting minutes, RFI’s, budgets, subcontractor pay requisitions, change orders.
- As both a project manager and engineer I implemented and used a proprietary software tool called Prolog to monitor and track all aspects of construction deliverable such as submittals, RFI’s, change orders, budget line items and daily construction reports. Prolog is a tool used by Turner as a risk management and monitoring tool to provide live, company wide project reports on various areas of Turner management.
Turner – Project Superintendent – Niagara University – Buffalo Business Unit – Buffalo, NY
- Supervised all aspects of the field construction activities of a 55k SF, $19 million building addition/renovation of Niagara University Academic Complex, which consisted of: a complex curtain wall, stone and brick façade, green roof, high-end millwork interior finishes and a state of the art AV system.
Turner – Business Development / Estimating Engineer Pharmaceutical Group – Somerset, NJ
- Managed the coordination and assembly of Request for Proposals, totaling potential contract volume of over $1 billion. I frequently took the lead in establishing a responsibility matrix, which I coordinated with Executives to make sure write-ups and commercial terms were consistent, completed and approved by all project stakeholders.
- Conducted extensive market research on our top 20 pharmaceutical clients in order to build a forecasting model that used extrapolated capital expenditure data from financial reports in order to break down client spending in Asian-Pacific, American, and European markets. This data was used for Profit/Business Plans & presentations to corporate management.
Skills Technical Certifications / Licenses
General building construction, Concrete formwork EIT – Engineer in Training
SOE and Foundation Construction / Dewatering Licensed NJ Real Estate Sales Associate
Pouring, mixing and testing concrete and asphalt ACI Certified Field Technician, Grade I
Soils testing and analysis, Suretrack Scheduling Asphalt Quality Control Technician
MS Office, Excel, Word, Project, Prolog OSHA 30-Hour Safety Course
· University at Buffalo ~ Master of Business Administration/BS Civil Engineering
Construction Management / Finance
Class of 2003 ~ GPA: 3.52 – Graduated Cum Laude
· Alfred State College of Technology ~ Associate in Applied Science
Civil Engineering Technology
Class of 2000 ~ GPA: 3.68
· References available upon request